Snapshot on ZAAB ENERGY
ZAAB Energy is an independent international oil and gas exploration and production company with a regional focus on the Russian Federation and Canada.
ZAAB Energy’s Russian subsidiary ZAAB Invest holds a diversified license portfolio to two areas located in the Russian Federation between the Black and Caspian Sea with significant oil and gas resources. Based on the results of independent service companies and resource auditors ZAAB Invest holds total recoverable C3 oil and gas resources of approximately 200 million barrels of oil equivalent according to Russian classification.
ZAAB Energy's Canadian 51% participation Canadian Rockies Petroleum Corporation ("CRPC"), formerly "BSOG", holds a diversified license portfolio to five areas located in the provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan. Proven and probable oil and gas reserves currently stand at 3.38 million barrels. BSOG holds a total of 35 hydrocarbon licenses with a large potential to grow further.
ZAAB Energy is characterised by the following attractive features:
Investment in oil and gas:ZAAB Invest and CRPC are both upstream company, i.e. focused on the exploration and production of oil and gas. CRPC is in the production stage.
- Oil and gas prices are believed to remain high for some time
Russian and Canadian focus:The company has a primary focus on oil and gas assets in Russia and Canada:
- Russia is one of the world’s major oil and gas countries in terms of production as well as reserves
- Canada equally is an important oil and gas country which holds conventional oil and gas reserves as well as a large reserve base in the form of oil sands. The country features an active oil and gas industry with a great number of independent oil and gas firms.
Outstanding management team:The company has an experienced management team with demonstrable track record in Russian oil and gas investments
- The team managed and exited successfully the Russian oil company Joint Stock Company (JSC) Goloil
Scale:ZAAB Invest has total recoverable C3 oil and gas resources of approximately 200 million barrels of oil equivalent according to Russian classification
Portfolio diversification:The resources are situated in two license blocks located within the greater Caucasus region and five license blocks in Alberta and Saskatchewan, Canada.
Favourable location:All Russian license blocks are located in the south-western part of Russia (onshore between Black Sea and Caspian Sea). All Canadian license blocks are situated in the key Canadian oil and gas provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- deal access to all infrastructure and year round operations